Sample Illustration Essay Topics: 20 Ideas Worth A Discussion
Illustration essays offer a broad range of topics for writing. Whenever we need something properly introduced, presented and analyzed, we are bound to turn to illustration writing. The greatest thing about this kind of writing is the possibility of making our statements and viewpoints visible to other people. Everything can be thoroughly illustrated – that is why it is appropriate to choose topics related to the areas of our expertise. An artist will be able explain what it takes to be a performer, while we can expect the same for a description of a healthy lifestyle from a professional basketball player.
Topics for a great illustrative essay can be found around us. In fact, it doesn’t take a long time for an individual to make an interesting choice.
Before we start reviewing some interesting topics, we must point out that this given kind of essay is the perfect choice for all stages of education (from elementary school to college students).
In order to help those who need to start writing at this very minute, we have managed to organize a useful list of topics that can be used as valuable samples for written assignments.
- Life of a professional athlete
- Secrets of maintaining a successful carrier
- How to write a song that could become a hit on the charts?
- How to become a sensation on the Internet?
- Influence of music on our mood
- Discovery of the technology behind smart phones
- Food as a remedy
- Standards of female beauty
- The most efficient method of losing weight
- Dealing with the consequences of a disease
- The power of addictions
- How to make money by playing on the street?
- How to save some money?
- Why do we love the social networks?
- Reasons of political confrontations in the world
- Peer violence and verbal confrontations
- Efficient use of our free time
- Influence of the movie industry on current fashion trends
- How to choose a profession based on personal abilities?
- Ideal location for a summer vacation
It’s a known fact that the choice of certain music can produce behavioral changes. Analyze this and name some performers that make you feel optimistic and energized.
How can we deal with our weight issues? Name the methods (exercises, reduction of portions, walking, running etc.).
An interesting topic about the worldwide phenomenon whose influence is still under assessment.
Creating An Illustration Essay: 25 Great Writing Prompts
An illustration essay is actually the starting point for most essay writing. Whether you are trying to convince your reader through a persuasive essay, or highlight differences and similarities in a compare and contrast essay, or are simply writing to explore a topic, you will call on the basic building blocks of illustrating ideas with examples. We like to keep even these basics lively rather than simply regurgitating dry facts. So here are our writing prompts that will lead you to stimulating, edgy, illustrative essays.
- Workplaces routinely discriminate against women by promoting them to seniority less frequently, paying them less, and not supporting their roles as mothers.
- The right to carry concealed weapons has saved lives.
- Minimum drinking age laws reduce the rates of teenage alcohol abuse.
- Global temperatures are rising.
- The richest candidates win presidential elections.
- The legalisation of drugs reduces the rates of family abuse, homelessness, and violent crime.
- Austerity measures reduce gross domestic product and harm economies.
- Mega-retailers are driving smaller players out of business.
- The portrayal of violence on TV encourages violence in children.
- The police employ racial profiling against minorities to disproportionately target them for random searches, or consider them as suspects in violent crimes.
- It’s good to be king.
- Advances of science and technology always carry some harm.
- Mainstream media is demonstrating increasingly favourable portrayal of homosexuals.
- The rate of broken marriages is increasing, and has never been higher.
- Global stock markets are overvalued.
- Illegal immigrants contribute positively to society.
- Fathers make significant positive impacts in the development of children.
- Advanced nations have fewer children, smaller families, and declining rates of population growth.
- Drug abuse is common throughout all sports.
- People tend not to change their minds on emotive issues, even when faced with strong evidence that contradicts their views.
- Cultures strongly rooted in religion need fewer laws and have lower rates of crime.
- History is written by the victors.
- Where trade does not cross borders, armies surely have.
- Capitalism has become softer and gentler as it has aged, and would be unrecognisable to socialist and communist economists of old.
- As more women are educated in societies, fertility rates drop, and child literacy rates rise.